Sunday, October 24, 2010

Denise Milani Fake Nipples

[Down Under 2010] Day 9: Surfing in Noosa

Noosa is a former administrative county, located about 2 hours north of Brisbane, now part of the administrative region of the Sunshine Coast . Noosa includes several residential areas including Noosa Heads, Noosaville and Sunshine Beach. By abuse of language, people call the area "Noosa" as if it were just a city. In my case, the first time I heard of this "city" was in 2008 by a former colleague who showed me pictures of his trip to Australia. This gave me the taste to make a stop in this city.

After my 3 days stay at Fraser Island I have therefore come to Noosa, in the middle of the afternoon of October 3, to spend 24 hours (which was more than enough). My hostel was located in the Sunshine Beach, just beside the national park. After the check-in of my room and got acquainted with 2 German with whom I shared it, I started to walk toward the National Park, where so-called privileged to be able to see koalas. Unfortunately, they remained relatively quiet during my hike.

Monday, October 4
---------------------
few days before my arrival at Noosa, having unable to take a surfing lesson in Byron Bay, I decided to book a (Internet) in a school that Monday morning for Noosa (Noosa is also a good place in Australia to learn to surf). Having received no official confirmation of my registration (except for a single invoice via email) until this morning, I was going to call the center when suddenly I saw a head of this school before reaching the entrance the hostel to pick up visibly few people. Strangely, he does not know me so I had to show him directly on the internet (luckily the internet from the hostel was free) that I did receive an invoice from him but no official confirmation. Then he told me it was ok but in only 5 minutes we had to leave for the rendezvous! I who thought the appointment was at 10am (instead of 9 am) ... so I had to pick up my luggage and take checkout of my room in a hurry. Finally luck was to go and I could introduce me to the surf during a 2 hour session at Noosa's main beach, under a sunny sky, with a few other students from Australia, Israel and New Zealand. I can say that surfing is exhausting enough .. especially at first. In the end, I'm pretty well for himself and I can now tackle a wave and stand on a surfboard. Anecdotally, 2 French (installed for some time in Australia) work as surf instructors at the school.

back to my hostel, I spent a few hours of the afternoon to do another hike in the national park without having the chance to see a koala. The next step of my journey was Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays, located more than 1000 km from Noosa! To get there, so I went on a long journey over 15 hours by bus. In the late afternoon, so I Noosa left, under a sky that was beginning to cover, to go towards the warmth and sunshine of the Whitsundays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment