Monday, June 22, 2009

Homemade Muay Taiy Gym

first day

's it, the contact is made with Aide et Action (AEA): 1st working meeting this morning.

The meeting went really well, we were 6 people and you could clarify my action:

I start tomorrow morning at the center of Banconi first as an observer and animation with educators. Overall I would most often there and in the afternoon I would go to Action Aid if there are workshops that may interest me.

Banconi welcomes children in great difficulty but not yet fully in the street (approx 60 children per day from 3 to 18 years).

I would also meet another center, which was supported by AEA and now is independent and who collects children are totally left to themselves.

Beside I contacted the Samu Social de Bamako and the Malian Red Cross to offer them my services marauding night as I do with the French Red Cross.

AEA also introduced me to a big national project on preventing HIV / AIDS, funded by the European Union, in which they participated and which is closing at the moment. I'll talk later. Besides tonight's on TV a national report is 20 minutes by AEA on this project.

Regarding the trip to Mopti, it was decided to shorten finalemnt because the literacy center is closed in the summer when the center of Bamako is open all year. I would go only 15 days on this region (from 10 to 25 July) to meet with all partners and doing interviews for AEA Paris. I'd be with a manager. They had planned to visit me at the same time as the Dogon and I know already, I asked them to take me in Djenne, the historical with the famous mosque Heritage Site by Unesco. That

for work, the logistics as it is organized:

To go to AEA and also Banconi, you have to cross any Bamako. This morning a driver picked me up. Side cap that I do not really changes the atmosphere of Paris but there is no egg, which leads me!

It will do the same tomorrow to drop me off at the center and after I start one in the local bus! It will be better still to be autonomous in terms of transport. Tonight I could go alone by taxi and I recognized the neighborhood and home! but that energy to my sense of direction ...


Okay so I like a bit of time, here's some info on Mali and Bamako :
The Mali is a country in Africa West with common borders with Mauritania and Algeria to the north, Niger to the east, Burkina Faso and Cote d'Ivoire to the south, Guinea to the southwest, and Senegal in the west. The highest point is the Hombori Tondo (1,155 m) located in the central part of the country.
French colony from 1883, Mali (then Sudanese Republic) became independent in 1960.
People is 12.5 million.

Bamako is the capital, on the Niger River in south-west. In 2006, the city had 1,690,471 inhabitants (Bamako). His pace of urban growth is currently the highest in Africa (and sixth in the world). Bamako is the administrative center of the country, an important river port and commercial center for the whole region around. Bamako, the capital is located in district and sub-divided into six communes run by elected mayors. Adama Sangare is the mayor of the District of Bamako.Située on the banks of the River Niger, called Djoliba ("the river of blood"), the city of Bamako built in a basin surrounded by hills. It stretches from west to east and 22 km from north to south for 12 km, an area of 267 sq. km. The District of Bamako has a reserved forest, the Koulouba which covers an area of 2010 ha.


Voila for now ............







0 comments:

Post a Comment