Sunday, June 28, 2009

Simi Garewal Bathing In Mera Naam Joker



Hello

After several comments, I changed a setting and normally it should be easier to add a comment without being a member. Thank you all for your comments and essays ...

Today as saying "Amadou & Mariam"
"Sunday in Bamako
is the wedding day."
There were no fewer than 4 around the house. These are sheets which are mounted (because of rain possible) with lots of chairs set up on the roundabout in front of the house or where people congregate. Musicians play traditional music. Cest nice but it all day! Is this the night? I would say .......

Otherwise this morning I went by taxi with the children of the house: Djeneba 10 years, 2.5 years Moussa, Pope Saydou 6 years and 5 years Adama zoo lion, leopard, monkeys, crocodiles and even a small elephant snake, mule, pigs, warthogs and also various birds: ostrich, pelican ..... All that world was a bit apathetic and exhausted by the heat but the kids were thrilled. Anyway I found the zoo better maintained than the last time I went.
I'll try to offer to organize an outing with the children's center Banconi to take them over there because they never leave the neighborhood.
This afternoon I went to see David's mother and other members of the house. It's nice to see that I am always very well received.

Friday, I visited the nursery in Bamako! it is a very clean and well maintained, a priori they have many partners in France because I met several toubabs.
Director explains that right now they have 98 children (initially setting could accommodate 30!) Fortunately they have recently done work for expansion.
They welcome children from 0-5 years in what they find time to adopt these children at age 5 and those remaining are placed in foster care here in Mali.
They also keep children with disabilities with no age limit because nobody wants them and there is no structure to accommodate them. Some are very severe disabilities (mental and motor).
The director told me that often girls brides the village came to Bamako to find a little job right or else to pay their dowry. It turns out they find themselves in a "state of pregnancy" and happens when the rainy season (like now) and they must return to the village they can take the baby, otherwise they run the risk of being dismissed by their families. Since abandonment is illegal in Mali they lay the baby in secret on a trash or rubbish and that a passerby who alerted the police who then comes to pick up the baby and takes him to the nursery.

Most children at this time babies are divided into different rooms: less 1 month, less than 3 months ... There was a particularly big with not much trouble breathing: I think it hard to start that one ...
A little later they are a bit bigger and there a little girl about 1 year clung to my leg. Even if the center looks very well cared for they are still children who need lots of disorders.

I come back to spend some time together with Anne Marie, who comes from next week to do a small job out there for 3 weeks.

If I had a hell of a surprise because Moumouni, a youth of Burkina Faso where I had a first site 5 years ago and had helped by paying her tuition at school made me a text message to remind (as it did 2 or 3 times / year), I told him I was in Mali, he replied in text message that I needed to "crawling" to call what I did and he told me that since I was in Mali he would make the road from Ouagadougou to come see me! Too much anyway. Apparently he had his tank and is the university where he teaches economics. I talked to Ali (my landlord) who said "there is no problem we put a mattress on the floor! The hospitality of Africians! Continued ... That

for today, sorry I forgot my cable so I can put pictures.
Tomorrow is school and the afternoon is a celebration of the center
Bises Isabelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment