Prison Bollé
Hello
So Friday I went to prison Bollé for the official handover of the donation of the Orange Mali Foundation. They made a donation for six months stock drug = 1 million FCFA (= 1,500 Euros), they commit to 1 year should therefore renew in 6 months.
There are 2 prisons for women / girls and beside those of juvenile males.
Women are detained with their children until the age of 5 years.
The ceremony was a celebration of 2 pm with keynote addresses from each party, there was also a song of a woman griot (owned) and a performance by the youth theater company he owns. The inmates also attended the ceremony.
They do a lot for rehabilitation: learning, gardening, sewing, embroidery, art / theater.
The pharmacy is managed by an association that includes Maya-TON:
A president, a treasurer
nurse for women in prison, a prison nurse for men
They do a great job.
For now there is also a French doctor who has volunteered time to time consult but returned to France in late July.
So far the association was supported by Terre des Hommes Switzerland. Unfortunately they no longer have funds (crisis?) And must abandon their partnership. Result
members of the association no longer receive wages at all for 6 months and yet they continue to work countless hours. The nurse Mariam has 5 children at home and currently has more good to help prepare and here he takes 2 hours to prepare food on the charcoal fire: Picard and frozen foods have not yet come there! Besides the clothes to be washed by hand. Unfortunately the 4 elders are boys and thus can not prepare! With Valentine (the doctor) we tried to motivate his boys to learn to cook .... To see
Mussa pdt actively seeking new partners (with the help of Dr. Valentine) in order to continue their action.
When I see that I am happy to give them a helping hand (even if it is only a drop in the bucket compared to what they donnnent them) and it puts into perspective a lot because I do not forget I'm on vacation (paid please!) and I will get my salary at the end of the month!
They were thrilled to see me because there are a lot of work reorganization in 2 drug stores and I find myself more in my element!
On top of that I get a lot of experience because it allows me to know other "worlds" such as prisons, do you think I could go introduce myself to the Sante prison or Fleury Merogis and it would make me see everything as I did here?
There I really find the purpose of my trip and I leave the center without splitting my time between the 2 at least for the time I'd be in Bamako. Second
rationale happy tonight: Anne Marie
a teacher friend arrived Friday night for 2 weeks I took him to the nursery this morning it will go to the center in the morning: at least I used to give them a real instit! for working with the largest and most form the instit and afternoon she will go to the nursery. This morning we are past 2:30, we play and we even give the baby bottles. Last night
2 new babies have arrived and a lost child!
Good looks busy this week as far as I'm leaving Thursday to Mopti for 2 weeks. Voila voila
0 comments:
Post a Comment