Friday, July 17, 2009

Marriage Invitation In English With Tamil

The Dogon: Villge Tiembara



Hello Here I am in Mopti after 3 days in Dogon.

soon as you leave Mopti to Burkina Faso (east) on the area that we are Dogon.
is made up Bankass 2h30 drive. Solo me the pleasure instead of taking the high road longer and straighter cross the cliff by the first road: Which landscape ...
I do not show pictures today because the internet to shop is installed in ready to wear that also Luggage! .. I am a bit stuck between 4 computers, luggage and other travel bags and shirts on hangers! I dare not put me to 4 feet to connect the camera. I'd make a little montage of the trip arrived in Bamako.

So I got to Bankass with Attaher (Wizard AeA) and Solo (the driver). From there we visited the literacy centers. There are 4 on and 4 on Bankass Dimbal. We met a lot of municipal offices (Mrs. mayors and deputies, etc. ...). These are often new teams because the elections were held two months ago. It allows to introduce ourselves, present the work of AeA and present Attaher is new to the area. On
centers, 4 are already built hard by the people. They are more advanced than people who are still in Mopti in temporary sheds.
alpha centers are funded by AeA and ICCO and are managed by education NGOs (ENDA and ASG). Here alphabétisdatin held in Dogon, Mopti, whereas it was in Bambara. We also meet
the various committees of sponsorship that will be in charge of correspondence with the godparent of AeA. I explain the purpose of association, sponsorship, correspondence, the role of volunteers, the purpose of my visit, etc ... what interests them much because they tell me that if we that volunteers in France to help the school in Africa, they should not give up and do much more!

There are even a workshop for new mail: they are highly motivated and very interested.

Visiting the village of Tiembara (where there is a literacy center) one is greeted by the whole population of learners Center, Chief, and other voillageois and Tamani by 2 players (percussion under the arm) .
I sit in the center on a chair that it brings me and the people fill the room and the others remain at the door or look out the windows. 4 or 5 women approaching one after another to put down before me and each with their craftsmanship to show me. Before you sit down she kneels on the floor before me and bow making oulouolou by mouth (such as Arab women for weddings) to greet me. One shows me how she made pottery, a pile of millet on the stone, another leading cotton all this while we began to discuss with the village chief. It explains that they are society women Serete is that of women not from this village, but were married here. They wear jewels, hats and even a gun to express joy and brotherhood! They are very well integrated and it is they who are in charge of hospitality in the village because they symbolize the agreement.
For the discussion I spoke in French to the assistant of the NGO ASG reflecting the trainer in Bambara village and retranslated to the Dogon population.
When I ask them if they are happy with the center: they applaudissnet all and I only see white teeth partour so they smile. The room is packed.
An old man said "they were asleep and someone came to wake them up" and then they thank. They all applauded again.
I see an enthusiasm for the whole population can learn to read write and count. Everyone tells me benefits, etc. .. Additionally the module they learn many things about everyday life: home care, children, drinking water (how javelisser before drinking, etc. ...). An old man said that women are the most motivated (in groups of parity is respected). It is true that they must stop their small income generating activity as they follow the courses which penalize because it allowed them to win 1000 FCFA per day (1.5 euros). In the group they organized themselves and contribute 50 F / week in a fund to cope with the difficulties of the family: a sick child ...
When I ask them if they want to continue, it's almost a ola of applaudisement.
résultasts in this zone were 84% successful.
must say that in this village children do not attend school because the nearest school is 9 miles! So they walk in the morning, stay all day at school (without eating because of course no canteen) and remake the 9 km in the evening!
At the end of this long interview I was made a demonstration of a course or pass the board and students are reading exercises, writing and arithmetic. What a pleasure to see their joy of success. The trainer

closing with a speech of thanks and he is proud that we come to France to see the center.
Out Tamani players resume and women begin to dance, of course it does not take long for them to invite me to dance with them and here I am in the center with the big pearl necklace that is happening around me neck and cap! What memories
Before leaving women to take me a kilt Dogon (cloth they wear a skirt) to remember .... A follow



Isabelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment