Sunday, July 12, 2009

Use A Banana To Masterbate

of Travel in Mopti



Hello Here I am arriving in Mopti ...

a city that is flashy and immediately appealing. Although quieter than Bamako, an architecture of its own, wedged between two rivers: the Bani and Niger.
By cons as it is a very picturesque town, near the cliffs of the Dogon, it is very touristy and we see the damage done by tourism. Here the children will not stop begging for candy or even money. "Toubab, give me my gift", "Toubab give me money." There's even one who wanted to get into the water and show me how he swam if I was paying! or they want to be photographed and to charge the camera. That nerd in general but at that moment my camera is broken!

After 8 hours from here I arrived in Bamako Sévaré (15 km from Mopti).
I spend the first night at the hotel Sévaré where I met Flo quite a little woman! She left France 2 years ago to live in the bush to Fatoma and since trying to do a lot for the villagers and obviously this is not always rosy, but it clings and obtietn results. Bush when you hold us! She is currently in the hotel instead of the director on vacation. Like anything there are some very nice meetings and no chance ......

Since Friday I am housed in the family of a friend Badara Bamako. I called just to give me the coordinates of his cousin Mopti wanting it advises me that a hotel in Mopti (otherwise I could see the suddenly I was going to stay 8 days to 15 km away!) vlan and no way to go to a hotel but with her sister. It is in the historic center of Mopti and lives with her eldest daughter and her 3 girls. Tallo regularly, the cousin picks me up on a motorcycle to go to tea or visiting people or Mopti. The African hospitality ... Now how soft dilemma for welcoming me and thank them for a week?
Saturday morning I met people from an organization that works to help and support for people living with HIV. Was exchanged for 2 hours and it was very rich and very moving. I will do a subsequent post on the situation of AIDS Mali.
Yesterday we went to the Feast of the wintering Fatoma. Grance is a festival that celebrates the winter and asked the guards for crops. The traditional dance groups dance and play music and remember the 1st inhabitants were hunters, they shoot ds gunshots everywhere!

this morning meeting with elected officials and representatives of the sponsoring committee (for AEA) from the village Fatoma: I explained the purpose of sponsorship and correspondence. We must make a first working session while I'm still here.
This is Sunday afternoon then rest at the hotel where I was invited Flo the pool and chat
+++++ Well then water it gets really hot too! A +


Isabelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment